I am unsure why the Google Wallet was not accepted.
While using brantree as your payment method, I atleast effected my payment methods.
I live in a country where PayPal do not allows us to create an account and thus we are unable to pay you any amount.
While not only me but many others accepted that Google Wallet is much better than PayPal than why no?
Take time, allow us to vote. Rather than this, you had simply declined the whole idea.
The main reason we brought on Paypal is that we had a lot of international cards that were failing to get authorized even though they were valid and that was an issue with our former Payment processor Authorize.net.
We've made the switch to BrainTree as a result and over the next couple of months we hope to see much fewer complaints that a persons credit card didnt get added.
We have nothing against PayPal, Google Wallet, or any other payment service except that the credit card information is not directly passed to us which means that fraud becomes much more difficult to track.
We've given the same comments on why we weren't integrating with Bitcoin. When we reviewed the incidence of fraud with users using credit cards and users using Paypal we saw that Paypal had 100% more fraud cases. On top of that the fraud takes longer to detect so not only do we have a 2x increase in fraudulent customers but it also takes us longer to find and terminate their accounts.
All of this means many countless wasted man-hours on tracking, finding, automating, and dealing with abuse cases which are also causing issues for legitimate customers. So ultimately we had to make the choice to support no other payment providers for now and see how the integration with BrainTree works out.
Food for thought:
- Android holds 53% of the current market share alone for smartphone and tablet OS' as of Q1 2013.
- Your current login integration using Google's API (on forums anyhow -- it would be nice to see this made globally).
- There's even a nice user-made Android app (Basin) that makes use of DigitalOcean's API calls for server management.
- It seems odd that Wallet would be overlooked here for obvious reasons of user base loyalty, so I won't even address those matters further. Let's hit up the more obscure issues:
- Google Wallet only charges 1.9% + 30¢ per transaction, 1% less by comparison to most any other payment processor. At this time, Digital Ocean has 145,532 droplets. Lets say these are all billed at the $5/mo rate. That's a 5¢ savings per server. If 100% of your clientbase used Google Wallet, unless my math is off, that's an additional $7,276/mo.
- It means an extra layer of protection for your clients. There's a reason we love using Paypal, but Google Wallet is that much more convenient.
- Many business already utilize Google products to streamline their business. Google's suite of utilities gives developers the tools for success. Again, there is Basin app. Developers post their Apps in the Google Play Store. Google Search to find the product(s) you seek, Google Local and Maps are an asset that help you get there and see what's in the area. Google Offers can provide coupons, further empowering marketing, and Google Login API for ease of use. Have you considered using Google Offers in place of your free trial? All of these combined, is a marketing and sales powerhouse.
Braintree, fine, that aside, why Paypal, and not Google Wallet? Paypal still remains #1 as a digital wallet, but Google is coming up fast, currently holding the #2 spot. Based on track record, I would certainly expect this to change soon.
BrainTree is a payment processor it is not something that you would directly use however the companies that process payments through them you probably have heard of:
37signals, airbnb, github, uber, opentable, angry birds, stackoverflow, and others.
As long as I can continue using paypal I am happy. Although I think if you just force people to initiate their account using a credit/debit card and then let them choose alternate payment methods after that I think that would be a good security measure and still give us choice.
I feel this is a poor move and does not reflect the users best interest. Never heard of this BrainTree, but certainly have heard of Google. Just my $0.02.
We finished our integration with BrainTree as the payment processor yesterday and have deployed it to production so customers that had issues with their international credit cards should hopefully now have no problems adding them.
We've seen that any time we move one step away from a direct credit card signup the alternate payment method has a higher incidence of fraud which creates a larger work load for us to monitor it and stop it as well as creates interruptions for legitimate customers.
As a result we will not be integrating any additional forms of payment and instead working on improving our international credit card support so that customers can sign up directly.
Ditch all alternate processors and get the lowest rates on real cards passing the savings along to customers!
* The added benefit is not crippling your cash flow if your business grows rapidly as happened with mine and I had to wait on hold for an hour then snail mail documents before restoring. Shame on me for relying on there junk rather than a real merchant solution.
You got my vote. I originally was skeptical about google wallet but it was surprisingly easy and fast to set up compared to paypal. Personally, when I pay with paypal I have to select my card on every payment because the bank method takes too long to show up at my bank so I can spend money I don't have.. When I use the card it is taken out within seconds of the payment going through. Google wallet uses my card, period. Fast.
I do not like PayPal. I'd feel much more confident if you supported Google Wallet payments. Heck, I'd rather pay you directly then use PayPal.
I like the idea of using PayPal, but I love the idea of using Google Wallet! I love using my Google account, and it's a lot more convenient for me than using PayPal.
Please add Google Wallet/Checkout payment method. It's just more convenient than CC or Paypal. I want to switch to your service for some of your nice features but my current provider has more payment options.
also please add google wallet
I think this would be a fantastic payment method to add. Google gets more popular all the time and my google checkout experiences are less painful then paypal, honestly.
Each payment method takes a significant amount of time to integrate so we are really looking to our customers for guidance on this.
If enough people request a particular payment method and it gets upvoted we can look into integration.
That's how we approached integrating Paypal.
Perhaps Dwolla too?
Thanks for this suggestion, I'm surprised that you are the first to recommend it unless I missed another request for it.
Hopefully it gets upvoted.
So far we have integrated PayPal as that was the one that was most upvoted by our customers.
You won't be notified about changes to this idea.