99% of servers are 99% idle 99% of the time.
For those moments of downtime when installing/compiling/archiving and other maintenance, it would be nice if we could buy a temporary boost in processing resources. Something like:
1) Request a boost of a given time length, DigitalOcean responds with a time window in which it can occur (to ease DigitalOcean's scheduling/allocation)
2) During the time window, shut droplet down
3) Apply boost (e.g. quadruple CPU count, double RAM)
4) Power droplet up
5) Do CPU/RAM intensive maintenance
6) Shut droplet down again
7) Remove boost
8) Restart droplet, good to go again
Since no extra storage is allocated, there is no "what if you're over the limit" problem as would be found when trying to reduce the storage again..